Halloween is just around the corner! If you and your family are planning to participate in any Halloween festivities, it is also important to take certain precautions to keep your family safe so everyone will be able to fully enjoy the evening. Check out these simple steps to a safe and fun Halloween:
- Costumes can be scary and designed to frighten, but be sure to keep sharp objects out of your designs and away from children.
- When trick-or-treating, always go out in groups and have at least one trusted adult in the group.
- Add reflective tape to costumes so that you and your children are easily seen by passing vehicles. Reflective tape is very effective. A flashlight is also a good idea.
- Obey all rules of the road and posted street signs. Remember to look both ways before crossing the street; just because you can see a car doesn’t mean the driver can see you.
- Do not eat or let your children eat any candy and treats which have not been inspected for tampering or possible choking hazards. Do not eat homemade treats unless they are made by someone you know and trust.
- Read warning labels on all makeup, hair dye, and other materials you plan on using for your costume. By doing this you could avoid a severe allergic reaction. Stay away from Halloween-themed contact lenses as they have been known to cause eye damage.
- Using light bulbs or flameless candles when decorating is a far safer option.
- Keep your entryway and porch area well-lit to reduce the risk of trick-or-treaters tripping.
- If you are planning on driving on Halloween night, be on high alert for trick-or-treaters.
- Never drink and drive. If you do plan on drinking, either designate a driver or hire a car service to get you where you need to go. As a party host, keep an eye on your guests and do your best to limit their alcohol intake.
Another important thing to remember is that whenever you are expecting guests at your office for a Halloween party or other holiday event, there is a possibility that an unfortunate accident or damage may occur. Integrity Commercial Insurance Services is a local agency that can assist you in getting the business insurance that will provide you with the most protection. Having adequate coverage means your expenses will be covered if a party guest damages your workplace or your if belongings are stolen or broken.
A local Murrieta insurance agent from Integrity Commercial Insurance Services will be able to review your policy, advise you about what coverage you have, or put together a tailor-made policy that better fits your needs and budget. Our goal is to get you the protection you need at the lowest possible cost.
As our agents live and work in Murrieta, we are able to meet with you during or off business hours at a time and place most convenient to you. Contact an insurance agent at our Murrieta office to discuss your insurance needs.Filed Under: Business Insurance | Tagged With: Business Insurance